For clients who need a longer period of substance abuse treatment and more assistance with acclimating to real-world settings, Extended Care provides structured independence. Clients live together in a supportive yet controlled environment where they can practice recently developed constructive behaviors while engaging with the wider community.
Our extended care drug rehab program is built on three key elements that help pave the way for a smooth transition back to everyday life—Community Living, Outpatient Services and our Work Program.
Clients live together in a supervised sober house that is within walking distance of Mountainside’s 24/7 recovery care and support. This enables clients to:
- Create a strong network of supporters who share common goals
- Gain greater self-sufficiency
- Experience fun without drugs or alcohol through regularly scheduled sober activities, including kayaking, go-kart racing, hiking, and more.
Clients receive outpatient substance-abuse treatment from our compassionate team of drug abuse and alcoholism rehabilitation specialists. Clients learn how to:
- Overcome everyday challenges
- Work toward long-term recovery goals
- Transition to life outside an addiction treatment center
Clients work part-time at Mountainside-affiliated facilities, interacting with the local community in a real-world setting while remaining in a safe and sober environment. It provides opportunities to:
- Practice accountability, communication, and time and money management
- Re-enter work or school armed with new skills that are honed daily or learned through educational and skill-building workshops